CocoMaNuts, Strawberry Chia Jelly and Dark Chocolate Cups
Look at these beauties. One word YUM...
50g - 60g Whittaker Dark Chocolate 72%
10g Melted coconut oil
Strawberry Chia jelly:
225g frozen strawberries
2 - 3 Tbsp chia seeds
3 - 4 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
Squeeze lemon juice
Coconut Nut Butter Layer:
CocoMaNuts Peanut Smooth
- Line a mini muffin tin with 6 - 8 silicone or foil mini muffin liners.
- To prepare the strawberry chia jelly, add frozen strawberries and maple syrup to a small pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and fully mash the strawberries. Add the lemon juice, vanilla and chia seeds. Stir to combine and let the chia seeds thicken while the strawberries mixture cools for about 10 minutes.
- Next melt the coconut oil and dark chocolate in a mixing bowl. Put it in a hot water bath until the chocolate melts completely.
- Pour ½ Tbsp of the chocolate into the bottom of each prepared muffin tin (if you don’t want to see the layers straight out of the silicone mould, then coat the mould with chocolate).
Next spoon ½ Tbsp of the cooled strawberry chia jelly on top of the chocolate, followed by ½ Tbsp of the CocoMaNuts peanut smooth. Spoon ½ tablespoon of the chocolate mixture on top of the CocoMaNuts peanut smooth and strawberry chia jelly. Place in the freezer until fully set for about 2 hours.
- Store in the fridge or freezer and let it thaw for a few minutes before serving.
A massive thanks to Niki @_sweetfoodielife for the recipe and photo x