CocoMaNuts Creamy Satay Soba Noodle Stirfry
A good stirfry is always a favourite. This is a creamy satay version, packed with fresh vege, crispy tofu, soba noodles and CocoMaNuts peanut butter. So easy and versatile, simply switch out whichever the ingredients for the veggies, noodles or proteins you have on hand!
INGREDIENTSSatay Tofu Marinade
- 1/2 tbsp CocoMaNuts Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1/2 Block Firm Tofu
- 1/4 Large Onion
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic
- 3 tbsp CocoMaNuts Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Soy Milk
- 1.5 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Pinch of Chilli Flakes (optional if you like spice!)
- Salt and Pepper
- Your Favourite Stirfry Veggies
- 3-4 Servings Soba Noodles
- Rinse and drain your tofu, get as much of the water out as you can and then press it under a heavy object for a good 20-30 minutes, or longer if possible. The more you dry it the better!
- Whisk all marinade ingredients in a bowl, once tofu has been pressed, dice and pour in the bowl with the marinade to coat.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C and leave tofu to sit.
- Meanwhile, chop your veggies and steam until just soft, before transferring to a pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once the oven is hot, line a baking tray with a little extra virgin olive oil, place your marinated tofu out on it and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crispy, flipping halfway.
- Cook your soba noodles.
- While your tofu bakes, get started on the satay sauce! Finely dice your onion, heat the 1 tbsp oil in a large pan.
- Once hot, add your garlic and onion to the pan, cook until soft and fragrant.
- Add the rest of your satay sauce ingredients to the pan, finishing with the milk and stir over a medium heat until thickened.
- Add your veg, baked tofu and noodles all to the large pan with the sauce and stir together until well coated, adding a little more milk if needed.
- Cover and let the sauce be absorbed and cooked for ~10 minutes, or to your preferred donenss.
- The sauce thickens as it sits so again, add a little more milk if you wish, depending on how thick it is/you want it.
- Dish up and sprinkle with your choice of garnish..
I love a little lime juice, sesame seeds or chopped cashew nuts and chili flakes!
Recipe by Jasmin Johnson